Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Happy New Year and 'so long' old studio!

a clean studio day back in 2014 

A very happy new year to all of you! I am so extremely thankful to everyone who has been so supportive and positive about my cotton monster-ing endevors in 2015, and the 10+ years previously! The shop was pretty much cleaned out by kind folks over the holidays....I feel like the luckiest lady in the land of polyfill! I was fortunate enough to spend the last seven and half years of that monstering in a tiny attic studio in a magical stone mill house built in 1847. I have come to love this house as a family member, so it is with a heavy heart and much procrastination that I have started packing up the studio (and the rest of my life) for a move across town.

New beginnings are extremely exciting, and I'm looking forward to figuring out new ways of organizing and making a new colorful homey-home for the Cotton Monsters, but this ol' room has so many layers, so many memories, and soooo much clothing/fabric that the packing part has been a challenge to say the least. Since moving boxes and tupperware bins are not so pretty, here are a few studio shots from the past few years. The shop will remain quite empty until I have time to set up the new space and get back to sewing in February. If you are interested, please follow along with me on instagram @cottonmonsterjen where I post updates much more frequently then on this old blog! 

A very happy 2016 to all, cheers to new beginnings and more crazy eyeballs! 

me and the monsters back in 2010
a few years worth of collected drawstrings
my window
chillin' monsters awaiting their eyeballs 
view from another dimension

a purple friend
stripey piles
the best cat in the best sun spot

No comments: