Saturday, September 12, 2015

So Long Summer!


 proof that I cannot keep a tidy workspace, no matter how beautiful the studio! 
(photo from the incredible treyummy)

What a whirlwind summer! 
I was out of the studio for much of it...taught a month long Fiber class to a group of extremely talented high school students, while also doing arts and crafts at a city summer camp. Spent some quality time with my family and then I got to travel north to the beautiful coast of Maine where I spent two unforgettable weeks at Haystack School of Crafts.

My brain was stretched in new directions, learning about flat-pattern garment drafting from the amazing Libby O'Bryan. I was working amongst incredible people, eating delicious food, scrubbing pots and pans with an awesome kitchen crew, gazing at stars, dipping in the icy ocean and basically being inspired 24/7!! What a wonderful way to press the reset button on life! I hope I am lucky enough to get to return one day...Now back to the cotton monster studio, feeling refreshed, but missing my studio mates and my forest island view!

me in my lil' uniform I patterned from scratch
 
muslin draft of my dress hanging out in the woods

whipped out a doll one night to give my brain a rest from rulers! 
a forested island! 





No comments: