Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the windy city



I just got returned home this evening from a five day jaunt to Chicago to see two of my dear old friends. (See all the pics on Flickr!) It has been quite some time since we were all in the same place at the same time, and boy-oh-boy was it nice to be with those ladies again! It was also my first time traveling to the windy city, and I loved every minute of it.

I got to visit an awe inspiring Baha'i temple and pick seashells and crab claws on the beach. I walked through the great gleaming halls of the Art Institute and toured the fiber facilities at SAIC (ah, to be back in school again!), including my buddy's studio. We ate tons of yummy vegetarian grub and worked it all off at many hot yoga classes...peaked in the adorable Renegade Handmade shop and tried on hats at Goorin Bros....watched Werner Herzog's Cave of Forgotten Dreams (in 3-D!!!) and lounged on blankets in Millennium Park for a free concert, drinking wine and people watching.

It was so refreshing to get away, relax with my gals and meet their friends, i miss them already! Today its back to work, slowly but surely, with Pile of Craft less then two weeks away and a long list of other business to attend to! Starting.....right.....now!

2 comments:

christalena said...

sooooooo good to have you. come back!!

PROYECTO said...

Rare! You dont think