Sunday, October 03, 2010

THANK YOU CRAFTY BASTARDS!!



I'd like to send a big ol' squishy THANK YOU to the entire Crafty Bastards crew and Washington CityPaper for making this event the most amazing craft show ever! There were dollies waiting for us to load in our wares, volunteers who helped us carry our 100 lbs of cat litter (for tent weights), a very friendly CB member that took hold of my cell phone and talked my vendor friend through the extremely confusing streets of DC when she got lost along the way, free lunch and water, and other treats. The whole show was so amazingly well organized and full of good vibes, that the only stressful part of our day was finding our way there (googlemap directions never again! Its time to invest in some REAL fold up paper maps)!

AND of course, the show would be nothing without those Trillion-BAZILLION customers coming from MD, VA, and DC, shelling out dough to support local/independent businesses! You are the BEST!! Thanks to everyone who came out and visited our booth, my cheeks still hurt from smiling at all the nice comments! We saw tons of super fashionable kids and mamas (and other folks) many of whom walked away with a little stuffed creature or two. And I heard the comment "I'm totally going to buy some of these when I have kids/know someone having kids" so many times I lost count. Who needs kids, I'd reply, get one for yourself!

Oh, thanks also to Jay for making me all those new display pieces that magically fold up and fit in the car! We got many compliments on the new shelf. Thank you's all around to everyone else I missed! (see more pictures here)

If you were not at CB and are in the market for a monster, get ready, 'cause I was so well stocked for the show that I have many MANY monsters to add to the Etsy shop over the next couple of days!


THANK YOU!

1 comment:

steph said...

The monsters look like they are having a great time watching all the folks go by and listening to those wonderful comments! Awesome!