Monday, May 10, 2010

Gallery Hanahou Opening and other ramblings..


Well, I had a wonderful two days in NY, attending the opening of the Lost at Sea show at Gallery Hanahou! I got to meet a long time amazing customer (who is now the proud owner of the White Nautislugious), some sweet sweet ladies who work at the gallery as well as some awesome gals who work at Etsy, and the lovely Kristen of Schmancy/Plush you fame who curated this show! I have a feeling I babbled to them incoherently and red-faced, as just before the show I had my first coffee in well over a year (it seemed like a good idea at the time) followed up by a glass of champagne at the opening! The combination made me feel a little out of wack, and the place was packed full to the brim the entire time (I spent most of my time hanging out in the hallway to get some cooler air!).

After the show I had a nice night out on the town with one of my best buds Christa, her amazing sister and an old classmate from MICA! So much fun!

Jay and I visited the Whitney's Biennial and the New Museum (which is my favorite place to visit), strolled through central park, ambled through brooklyn, ate some good grub and, after a few snags on the subway, made it to our return bus just in the nick of time on friday...New Yorkers, I don't know how you do it!

Saturday we celebrated Jay's birthday with a hike in some gorgeous woods on the Gunpowder river, ate at our favorite thai place and caught a late show of Banksy's "Exit through the Gift Shop."

All in all a fabulous few days, except that I managed to get sick towards the end...writing this from under the covers!

2 comments:

Schmancy said...

I am so glad we finally got to meet even though it was brief! Next time we should go grab a coffee...errr maybe a beer? xoxo

Jennifer said...

Most definitely! Sorry I didn't have more time for hang-outs! and no more coffee for me...unless its decaf!