Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lost at Sea!

Maybe you thought I was lost at sea these past few weeks, well in fact...I was! I was sewing like crazy, sewing and seam-ripping and re-sewing, lost in a sea of cut-up sweatshirts and stuffing... turning inside-out three-foot long tentacles, many, many eyeballs and a mountain of teeth for this upcoming show at Gallery Hanahou!

I made five pieces, maybe should have stopped at three, but I was having too much fun!! The details are below, if you are going to be in NYC between May 6-June 11, you should most definitely see the show, there is an all-star cast (which I feel honored to be on) curated by the lovely Kristen Rask of Schmancy/Plush You fame! Want to see a SNEAK PEEK of the pieces I made? You do? Well, Click here!! I'll wait to put up full shots of the Sea Creatures until May!


May 6 - June 11

gallery hanahou / 611 Broadway, Suite 730, NYC / galleryhanahou.com

Opening reception: Thursday, May 6, 7-9 pm RSVP info@galleryhanahou.com

"There is something about the malleability and textures of fabric, thread, and yarn that speaks of the sea and its many mysteries. Curated by Kristen Rask of Schmancy and "Plush You," "Lost at Sea" gathers 32 exciting artists who share underwater visions of items lost, creatures forgotten, and life that struggles to stay with us. The show will feature a broad array of amusing and uncanny works in embroidery, plush, and other materials."


3 comments:

Cynjon said...

Look forward to the full viewing!

Rabbit Rabbit said...

Wow I was missing you. I am new and have been catching up on your blog. I love your monsters and am asking for one for Mothers Day. Your pics are beautiful!

陳哲毓念阿彌陀佛往生西方極樂世界 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.