Sunday, March 21, 2010

SPRING!



Hooray for Spring! This past week was a busy one, entertaining my baby nephew/godson who was visiting from Michigan, cleaning and helping out with an evening event at the puppet theater, cutting cardboard and painting sets with third graders from the residency I've been teaching, leaving absolutely no time at all for studio sewing. But this weekend I did find a few spare moments to see some friends and get some work done outside in the glorious spring weather!

Right before winter set in, my mom and I started fixing up an old rotting picnic table, and it was in desperate need of finishing. Finally this friday after work I set out with a palm sander and two buckets of old paint leftover from a mural painting and springed it up a bit! I think green may be my new favorite color! To see a few more pictures from the week, click HERE!

2 comments:

Cynjon said...

Green is *always* a good color (in my humble opinion)...but especially at this time of year!

Mandy Saile of Bijou's Whimsy said...

Ah a cup of something sweet in the newly warm spring air, what could be better:D...I am enjoying like days myself but with bunny feet pattering around with me:D Love your stuffies by the way...great stuff and congrats on being a featured Etsy Seller. Happy Spring to ya.