Sunday, January 31, 2010

February? Seriously?

Sorry for the long pause, those of you who read this or who check here occasionally for Cotton Monster news! January has been a very slow month for me, meaning mostly that I am moving in SLOW MOTION! It seems since I left my studio for Christmas break, it now takes me twice as long to sew/accomplish anything!

I'm not saying nothing happened...a little trip to new york, a surprise visit from my beautiful sister and nephew (who incidentally just took his first solo steps across a room today!) I taught a bunch of kids to sew (now if I could only teach them to thread and knot their own needles), I've been working on some kitties wearing cute little shirts, trying to reboot monster stock (slowly), getting things ready for the tax man, chopping wood and all that jazz...but still I can't believe a month has come and gone so fast. I swear new years was yesterday!

This winter I re-found my old pal Meagan, who has traveled the world, experienced so much, and blossomed into quite an amazing woman and writer. You can find her insightful blog here: The Lady Who Lunches. A while back she tagged me with the duty of posting my "favorite photo of all time." This was weeks ago and I've been thinking of it ever since...but have come to the firm conclusion that it is a completely impossible task!!! There are just too many! I found myself digging through my shoe boxes of old photos and sorting through masses of digital folders on my computer, and there are just so many that I would never want to part with. Twenty-seven, going on twenty-eight, years on this earth = a whole lot of photos!


In high school I found an old roll of b&w film in a drawer and developed it in my photo class. This picture was amongst the shots on that roll; my brother, sister and I perched on an old big wheel bike in our front yard. Sticking with the theme of my life right now.. time flying by at record speed..I keep going back to this photo. My sister now has a baby of her own, about the same age as the baby she is holding up in the photo (Me!). Crazy and wonderful...

Just to be clear Meg-o...I'm not committing this one to favorite of all time!! But its up there on the list!

p.s. this one of Jay and I (taken by Brendan) was also pretty high in the ranks!

4 comments:

TheLadyWhoLunches said...

Wow. Way to make a woman feel amazing. And, great picture! (I also love the picture of you and Jay. I have one of Jock and I that is similar that I also love.) Hard, isn't it??

Jennifer said...

You are amazing! And yes, such a hard challenge...it did get me looking through many old photos though, bringing back tons of memories and making me really nostalgic! Not a bad thing!

Cynjon said...

You're not the only one who is shocked at just how fast January flew by! Looking forward to seeing what monsterousness is coming....

lookwhaticando said...

Oh this photo is amazing and so is the one of Jay and you. I knew you were younger than me but geez.
You are super amazing....thanks for sharing. xoxo
and yes...where did January go?